Michael Kors Selma Mini Crossbody/Messenger Bag Review

12:03 AM

I have had this bag for several years now and thought it would be a good time to give my thoughts on it.  The Michael Kors Selma Mini Crossbody Bag is a structured, crossbody bag made from their Saffiano leather - a hard leather with light crosshatch markings.  I found the leather to be easy to clean and does not get dirty very easily, however it may be because I got my bag in black so I'm unable to say whether this is true for their other colours as well

Michael Kors Selma Mini Crossbody Bag with a Laduree Keychain as a bag charm
The bag comes with gold hardware which are good quality - despite years of daily use, the hardware hasn't faded at all and is still a beautiful bright gold.  The zipper still works perfectly and smoothly; however, once in a while (though very rarely), the clips that attach the bag to its strap sometimes opens by itself or rather easily, but this is a very minor complaint. 

I paired the bag with an adorable Laduree Keychain that features three mini macarons, a small golden Eiffel Tower, a mini puff ball, and a bow.  The gold hardware and colour scheme ofthe keychain fits nicely with that of the bag. 


The bag easily fits an LV coin purse, large set of keys, a couple lip products, and my phone (not shown) 
The strap is adjustable, and based on my height (5'5), I am able to wear the bag at as low as just above my knees or as high just past my butt (the shortest and longest settings aren't really too far a part).  I usually wear my bag at it's longest setting.  The bag can surprisingly fit a lot of stuff.  I can fit my LV coin purse, another small coin purse, iPhone 6s, a set of keys, several lip products, and still have some room.  There is also small cardholder pockets inside the bag itself but I rarely use them.

Here is the bag, worn on it's longest strap setting.
Overall, I feel like this is a great, versatile bag.  I wear this to work, to do errands, to parties, for date nights etc.  It's easy to dress up or down since the style is very classic.  The bag is also very light and as mentioned, can hold a surprisingly large amount of items for its size.  Also, since it's a zipper closure, it's very easy to quickly grab something from your bag or to put it away.

Here's the bag in action!  This is the bag in it's shortest strap setting
I would definitely recommend this bag if you're looking for a simple, sturdy, long lasting crossbody bag that can easily go with any outfit and for any occasion!

You can purchase the Selma Mini Crossbody HERE, and the Laduree Keychain HERE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM FEED

Search This Blog

Subscribe