Five Crossbody Bags for Under $650

2:31 PM

As a student, but a lover of handbags and purses, I am often on the hunt for bags that won't break the bank but are still stylish and of good quality.  Shoulder bags with long straps are my favourite type of bags since they keep both my hands free and its super easy to grab things from inside, even when you're on the move.

Here are my top five shoulder/crossbody bags for under $650 CAD ($500 USD for my American readers)

1) Furla Metropolis Mini Crossbody - $405 CAD
I have been encountering this mini bag all over social media though it doesn't seem to be a very well known brand.  This bag has been compared to the Chanel Square Mini Bag due to their similar dimensions and flap, however, in my opinion, other than those two factors, I find the Furla bag to be fairly different from the Chanel bag.  The leather, clasp, chain, and colours all differ between the two, thus making the Furla bag unique on its own and not simply a "'dupe" of the Chanel.

There's many things about this bag that I absolutely love.  I find the size and style to be quite classic yet chic and can be dressed up or down for either day or night time wear.  I also love how this bag comes in so many colours and prints, and how it uses a beautiful light gold hardware.

Note: Canadians cannot purchase from Furla's online store, will need to go through Saks, Nordstrom etc.

Purchase and read more on the Furla Metropolis Mini Bag HERE

2) Michael Kors Selma Crossbody (Medium) - $278 CAD
I don't have the Medium Selma, but I do have the Mini one and let me tell you, it's a workhorse.  I have had it for almost 5 years now and have worn it continuously, non-stop and it is still in almost perfect condition, thanks significantly to the Saffiano leather and its structured style.  The leather is so easy to clean and quite thick, so it holds up very well.  The structured style ensures that the bag never loses its shape.  The overall style of the bag is very classic and minimalist, which makes the bag easy to pair with any outfit and for any occasion, even a decade from today.  The strap is also adjustable but only by a couple of inches, however, you can  remove the straps and clip in your own if you prefer. 

My Mini Selma can comfortably fit my iPhone 6, bulky keys, a small wallet, a coin purse, earphones, a couple lipsticks, and with room to spare.  Click HERE to read my full review of the Mini Selma Crossbody bag.

Purchase and read more on the Michael Kors Selma Crossbody HERE

3) Rebecca Minkoff Love Crossbody (Medium) - $405 CAD
This is a beautiful bag that resembles the popular, but oh so pricey, Chanel Boy Bag (which is over $6,000 CAD for the medium!). I recently purchased this bag and I find that it's very well made, of great quality, comes in a variety of colours and fabrics, and can fit quite a lot of things.  I can easily fit an iPad Mini, iPhone 6, a card holder, a longer wallet, my bulky keys, and a catchall, with some room to spare.  The chain is a bit heavy but it is sturdy and well made, and there is a magnetic pocket at the back of the bag which is super convenient for items that you use often.

The only thing is that I would recommend avoiding the "nubuck" leather as it can be difficult to clean, especially if you get a lighter coloured bag like I did.  The "nubuck" leather however, feels luxurious and looks amazing but if you're like me and you're not someone who likes to baby their bags, I would avoid going for the nubuck leather in a light colour.  But if you don't mind taking the extra steps to really take care of your bag, then go for it!

Purchase the Rebecca Minkoff Love Crossbody and find more styles HERE

4) Coach Parker -$425 CAD
Is anyone else loving the direction that Coach is taking these days?  Their new products are unique but wearable and they kind of have a retro/vintage flair, which makes them stand out from other contemporary designers.  Coach has also brought back their "signature monogram" but in a sophisticated manner which I actually think looks pretty nice, as opposed to how the print was used in the 2000s.  The Coach Parker is one of the bags that has adorned the "signature monogram" very tastefully, however, you can also find it in a variety of other colours without the monogram: from lilac, to colour blocks, to black with studs, to tea rose embellishments.  I personally also love the tea rose clasp that comes with some of the Parkers - I find it so feminine and unique.  If you don't like the tea rose clasp, fear not, the clasp on most other Parkers are a simple "C" turnlock.

This bag is also a convertible bag, similar to Rebecca Minkoff's Love Crossbody and Tory Burch's Fleming (see below) where you can change the length of the shoulder strap from a shoulder bag to a longer crossbody.

Purchase the Coach Parker Bag and find more styles HERE

5) Tory Burch Fleming Convertible (Small) - $630 CAD

This bag also takes its inspiration from another famous Chanel bag - the Classic Flap.  Although you can see the similarities between the two, I find that the Tory Burch Fleming bag has a number of features that differentiates itself from the Chanel, for example, the tassel, the leather's print and texture, the shape of the flap itself etc.  I don't have this bag, but having seen it in real life, it is beautiful and the leather is smooth and of good quality.  The great thing about this bag is that it is "convertible" so that the length of the strap can be changed into a shoulder bag or a longer cross body.

Purchase the Tory Burch Fleming Bag HERE

Leave a comment below on which bag is your favourite or if you know of any other bags that are stylish but affordable!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more rooreviewworld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Useful Information, your blog is sharing unique information.... Thanks for sharing!!!
    Everyday Crossbody Bag

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM FEED

Search This Blog

Subscribe